I’ve been thinking over the past few months that I need to do an update post, but there’s just so much to update on! So, taking my inspiration from Heath‘s update posts, here’s a list of what’s happened:
- I walked at December graduation, but didn’t graduate. It was no fault of anyone but myself, and I’m still kicking myself in the butt about it. I am finishing my degree this summer, thanks to my amazing adviser and the dean of the school of science.
- I got married! (will do a more in-depth post including pictures later this week)
- Josh and I went on an amazing honeymoon cruise (see note in parenthesis above)
- Before school ended, Josh was offered the pastorate of a small church outside of Waynesville, NC. We moved in the second week of January. I saw more snow in the first week here than in the past two winters in Clemson. (six times in one week!) I love the people at our church, and I can’t think of a better place for Josh and I to start our ministry together. The parsonage is literally attached to the church, which is interesting. (pictures to come)
- I have applied to a gazillion jobs. Yes, a gazillion. I have heard back from 10, all negative. I’ve been really struggling with this and not doing so well at trusting that God will provide.
- Josh and I went down to SWU for the spring musical. AMAZING! It made me miss Melanie, my SWUdad, and Charlotte so much. The cast and crew did an incredable job, it completely blew me away.
- We adopted an adorable cocker spaniel mix puppy from the local shelter and named him Nigel. Sorry the picture is blurry – you try to take clear pictures of a two month old puppy. See? Not that easy, is it?
- We joined the Haywood county community choir, and it’s been a blast! The concert is this Sunday, so I should probably go practice…
- I’m turning into a UNC basketball fan. Josh is concerned by how much I yell at the tv when a certain player is not on, yet still shoot 3s and keeps missing. Thankfully that certain player was having a good night when they won the championship.
- I was talking to the clarinetist for our community choir concert and found out that there is also a community band, and the clarinetist has an alto clarinet he’s willing to loan me, since Em has my bass. I’m going to practice Thursday to look at the music and meet the members.
That’s all I can think of at the moment, plus I need to go do dishes. (Santa, if you’re reading this, could you please bring me a dishwasher for Christmas? kthx.) I should probably do something productive after that, too. I am way to ADD to be a housewife.